Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tokyo talk

One of my former students is in Tokyo today, and we were exchanging messages about where she should go and what not to miss.

Since she's into anime and cosplay - that being the subject of their undergraduate thesis - I told them to visit Harajuku and check out the scene there. 

Since their hotel is in Ginza, I also told her to check out the Uniqlo mega-store, the big G.U. store and the H&M branch there.

Then, I asked her to try the typical Japanese restaurant with vendo machines outside. Now that's very typical Japanese.


All this Tokyo talk is making me miss the place even more. Even though it's been less than 2 months since I was last there, I'd really like to go back and do more of the things that Mark and I would do whenever we're there.

This, of course, includes going to Harajuku and Omotesando, checking out the shops in Ginza, and eating at typical Japanese restaurants with vendo machines outside.


No comments: