Saturday, November 19, 2011

Creative Learning

Since I teach creative courses, I try to put a creative spin in all aspects of the class. "Learn by example," as the adage goes.

So, when I started formulating the course outlines for this semester, I made 2 versions. First is the "official version" which the school asks for. This is basically 5 pages of plain text on a legal sized bond paper. Then, I made a second version which I distributed in class - a "creative version."





This course outline is inspired by scrapbooks. Since the course is a creative writing course which puts together milestones and memories on paper, it's pretty much like building a scrapbook, albeit using words. There were different cover versions for this one, and this is among my favorites.



The copywriting course is inspired by tea. Not only is this the trend, it's also reminiscent of how copywriters brew words to come up with something refreshing.



For the Creative Advertising class, I looked for magic slates and brought back the "clean slate" idea. As a creative, the mind must be a clean slate each time you do a project. And this captures that thought perfectly.



I hope that these outlines help the students be bring with them that creative attitude as we face another semester of learning.

No comments: