Tuesday, November 29, 2011

By any other name

After meeting with my florist on a wedding I'm organizing this December, she gave me a cabbage rose that she imported from Europe.



Unlike the usual cabbage roses, this one really looks like a cabbage. As in, the vegetable! All you need to do is step back, and you'll know what I mean.



If you look at it from the side, it looks like your regular, green, leafy vegetable. It looks like it. And it smells like it, too. If you don't tell people what it is, they'll most likely put this flower in a salad bowl and not in a flower vase.



On my way home, people kept on asking me what this flower was. I even heard remarks like: "Ano yung hawak niya? Repolyo?"


Well, I can't blame them. This cabbage rose does look like the love child of a cabbage and a rose.

But hey, it's still a rose.

1 comment:

undoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.