Saturday, November 12, 2011

Clearly cool

I'll make one thing clear, I'm not a big fan of clear shoes. I've always thought there was something off putting about them. I've read an article once about how clear shoes give you that "barefoot effect." And my initial thought was, "if you want a barefoot effect, why not go barefoot?" Harhar.

Almost all major shoe brands have come up with a clear, glass looking shoe. Including Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik. They say they're inspired by Cinderella's glass slipper. But reports that Cinderella's glass slipper is all that is nothing but a fairy tale.

I didn't think I'd find a clear shoe that would change my mind.

But I also didn't think that I'd see this:





Chanced upon these teal brogues at The Ramp and I thought they were so cool. Actually, it caught my attention from afar, and when I came closer, I was even more wowed by the design. Particularly, the fact that these brogues had clear sides.



It's so chic the way this shoe was designed. It combines patent leather with clear plastic, and it's done in a chic and cool way. It's classic yet modern. It's edgy yet wearable.



Again, I'm not a big fan of clear shoes. But this one is clearly an exception.

No comments: