Friday, April 08, 2011

Something old, something new

In an effort to get my P1000 bill broken into smaller bills, I ended up at the Snack Exchange of SM Department store in order to buy something. Anything, actually.

And I ended up buying these chocolate bars:





I'm shocked that I didn't discover the "crispy" series of chocolates earlier. They're simply divine!

It has the same old taste that I've enjoyed. For Butterfinger, it's the crunchy brittle-like candy, and for Baby Ruth, it's the nuts and gooey caramel. But in their new versions, the flavors are toned down by the thin, crispy wafer. And it's a combination that works.

The chocolates are very light, yet bursting with flavor. It was so light and flavorful, I ended up eating the two bars right after the other!

What's amazing about these chocolate bars is the fact that it reminds me of my favorite chocolate when I was a kid - Snaps. I'd buy Snaps at Aling Leony's store in Morato, and it was this thin, wafer based chocolate with peanut butter filling and covered with chocolate. Like the two bars I've mentioned, Snaps had the perfect combination of being light and chocolate-y.

Amazing how a new chocolate can bring back the old days.

No comments: