Sunday, April 17, 2011

Music I miss

Every time we hear new songs on the radio, it makes us miss the "good old days" when music had more than just a tune and repetitive lyrics. The older songs really had a story, was written very lyrically, and had soul. Even the upbeat ditties had this certain character that I rarely find in songs these days.

Suddenly, I missed two of these "good old songs" today. And since I couldn't find my old CDs, it was youtube to the rescue.

First is "Cantaloop" by US3. It's a disco-jazz ditty that reminds me of my early working years. Why? Because I loved using this song as music bed for the AVPs that I'd do for San Miguel when I was still a producer there.



The second one is a "bobbing your head while relaxing on the beach" kind of song. I was still in college when they released this song, and I remember it wafting in the parking lot of CMC as it was played from someone's car. I think this song only has 5 lines of lyrics that they repeated over and over again. But you know what, it works!



I used to have CDs of US3 and Black Machine. I should go and find it so I can archive these 2 songs in my iTunes. That way, I won't miss it too much anymore.

No comments: