Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Frisky business

Over dinner, Robert, Leon and I started talking about the new security layer in aiports - close frisking.

They had it in NAIA, and they apparently do it only on trips that are on their way to the US. And yes, Guam is a US Territory.

Gosh! This was frisking to the extreme. Unlike in some places where it was more "courtesy frisking," these guys take their jobs seriously. They really scan your entire body using their hands, and it's so thorough, it's almost enough to make you scream bloody harassment!

Imagine, they run their entire hands all over your body - even under the crevice of your underarms. And that's not the worst part. They even run their fingers around the waistband of your pants and underwear. Good thing I wasn't ticklish, or else I might have been laughing during the entire exam. (Admittedly, I chuckled once or twice.)

I just hope they don't get any friskier anytime soon.

No comments: