Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Something to Choo on

This coming November, I can imagine the throngs of wild women who'll line up outside the H&M stores in HKG and Tokyo for these: When I first read about this collaboration, I thought "this is a recipe for trouble." It reminded me of that Anya Hindmarch "I'm not a plastic bag" scenario in HKG when people were lining up 2 days before the actual launch. Since H&M mass produces, I won't expect a situation as crazy as that. But I will expect the same kind of crowd that Ate Bullet and I encountered last year when we were in HKG for the Comme de Garcons-H&M collection. And given how nice the shoes are in the collection, it's easy to imagine the panic that will ensue once their stores open and ladies start getting (or grabbing) these. Question is: Shall I find myself in HKG in November and experience deja vu? Or Maybe I should just ask my friends in Europe to buy Jimmy Choo's instead of braving the usually-crazy-crowd in Asia. That's another thought I would definitely chew on.

No comments: