Sunday, July 26, 2009

Neutral Territory

Seems like I'm entering a khaki phase. And I say this judging by the pieces that have caught my eye recently.




Whilst these skirts come from the same color family, they're each very distinct - which is the reason they appealed to me a lot. This first one is a skirt that falls a bit above the knee. It's got a tulip feel to it, but it isn't too exaggerated and will still flatter the wearer - regardless of height and body type. True to my thematic nature, I got a camel colored belt to put a bit of color.



Here's one that is actually an "old" skirt. It's been on the rack of Crossings for quite some time, but it was only recently that I realized that - as DVF would say - "there's a lot of good design in that." The front is structured: cummerbund-style waist, some folds to give it volume - things that'll make it attractive as it comes towards you.



After the wearer passes you by, you'll see some details at the back as well. There's a big ribbon, which adds to its feminity, and there's an extra strip of fabric where the slit is. Clever!



Finally, this Calvin Klein skirt that was at the haunt. It's pleated, albeit quite randomly, and that gives it interesting volume. For added detail, it has a black gross grain ribbon, which is a nice touch. Overall, this skirt is so Audrey Hepburn. All you need is a black turtleneck and flats, and you're chic to go.



There were a lot more khaki skirts floating around in the market, but these three would definitely top the list. And on the subject of tops, skirts like these just beg for a simple and detailed top. It's quite difficult to describe, but I'll know it when I see it.

No comments: