Saturday, November 01, 2008

M & M

And they're down to five.

Last week, the model who got booted out was Sheena - the Asian girl with a New York 'tude. And with that, my hopes of a first Asian ANTM were dashed. Then again, next season might usher in a Fil-Am contestant. Wouldn't it be just smashing if the first Asian winner was Pinay?

I think this cycle of ANTM has a lot of interesting looking girls compared to the last 5 seasons. They're more diverse and less cookie cutter. Some of the girls have this awkward kind of beauty that makes them interesting to look at.

Two of my favorites are in the top 5. Both girls look naturally model-esque and not too - as Tyra would say - "commercial."


McKey has that androgynous character and a high-fashion look.


Marjorie reminds me of Agyness Deyn. Except she has dark hair and a "Bambi" attitude.

The remaining 3 ain't bad, too. Analeigh reminds me of a younger Jeri Ryan, Elina is like a cross between Julia Stiles and Susan May Pratt (who both appeared with the late Heath Ledger in "10 things I hate about you.") and Samantha reminds me of -- hmmm... -- Whitney.

At this point, it looks like it's anyone's game this cycle. Maybe with the exception of Samantha who I feel won't reach the top 3. And just like I wished for a Leanne-Korto-Kenley triumverate in Project Runway, I'm wishing for a McKey-Marjorie showdown for ANTM.

No comments: