Thursday, May 08, 2008

The fun in being Christian

Christian Siriano is Ferosh.

I'm not really into Project Runway. That's more up Arnie's alley. My attitude towards the show is: if I catch it on TV, then great; if not, no biggie. I never watched seasons 1 and 2, and only a few episodes of season 3. (Laura rocks!) Now, season 4 is showing here in HK, albeit late. Everyone knows that Christian won, and he deserved it. Aside from having a very cohesive and creative collection, he has a lot of character. A whole lot of character.

As Rami accurately said: "Christian is like a cartoon character." What makes him so memorable is that he's just like a caricature. He has a distinct look, a unique way of speaking, and of course, his oft-repeated line: "Fierce." Too bad he can't claim that as a signature line because Tyra beat her to it. Tyra is definitely the queen of Fierce. Among his winning lines, my favorite has to be: "Ferocia Coutura."

After watching 2 episodes of season 4, I felt bad not seeing his ferociousness from day 1. Thank goodness there's a compilation of his Christian's most fierce moments on youtube. Watching it definitely made the day - hmmm... what's the word - Fierce.



Mamu told me that Project Runway Philippines is already shooting. I wonder if they'll have a character like him there. If they do, hopefully that person is genuinely funny like Christian. I'm just afraid that someone will put up an act and fake his way to Christian-ity just to get attention, and I hope that doesn't happen. After all, that would be so not fierce.

No comments: