Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sugoi!

After mailing out the bill payments yesterday morning, I decided to drop by id:c to check if there are any cool, new arrivals. This is the shop where I get my jazzy jeans from Japan (an alliteration there) and was where I got my favorite Guadalupe jeans.

Not surprisingly, I was able to find a pair that was funky yet functional. It was a straight cut jean with these Indian meets macramé details.

The jean wash was light enough for daily use, and can be easily dressed up and dressed down. But to keep it from going into blah-land, it has interesting details such as the macramé-d back pocket, and this detail is mirrored on the front pockets as well.

Funky jeans should be the highlight of any trip, but in this case, it wasn’t. While I was walking to the cashier, these pair of shoes instantly caught my eyes. It was this loafer style shoe in blue (now we’re into rhyming) and it’s something that would fit in perfectly with Ate Lissa’s shoe stash.

According to a lot of fashion rags, blue and patent are some of the emerging trends this FW 07/08. And these shoes have those two trends ticked off. It’s patent, and it’s blue. But it just keeps on giving because if you look at the heel, it’s as funky as the rest of the shoe.

Looking at the pair, it’s easy to imagine it paired with jeans (both skinny and wide legged), shorts (in all lengths), and a dress. With all that going for it, how can I not buy it?

When I’m able to get something nice for my siblings and myself at the same time, that’s when shopping becomes really cool.

No comments: