Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Coat me on that

Last night's trip to Maple turned out to be serendipitous.

My initial plan was to drop by Uno Uno at Granville to check whether they had the hooded sweater that I bought from their Wan Chai branch. Turned out that they didn't. So to console myself, I dropped by neighboring Maple to check out their sale. And on the racks, I saw this gorgeous peacoat which has an A-line silhouette, puffy capped sleeves, and a highly detailed neckline. It looked like a coat that will fit the streets of New York and London, but it was made of this light material that can easily fit Manila.

I took the black peacoat and brought it to the cashier to ask if they had it in another color. She told me that there's only 1 piece of that coat in each of their branches, and I'm holding the one and only piece. Needless to say, I panicked and immediately bought it. Harharhar.

On my way back to the flat, I dropped by another - albeit smaller - Maple branch, and they had the same coat - but in khaki! I took the khaki peacoat and brought it to the cashier to ask if they had it in another color. She told me that they only had 1 piece, and I'm holding the one and only piece.

Hmmm... It figures. They give one branch one piece each in a different color.

Too bad the other Maple branches were a bit far off and it was almost 9pm. If this were a weekend and it was still daytime, I'd probably go to the other 4 branches I know to find what other colors they have and if they're available. (Honestly, it would look smashing if it were in red or aubergine.)

Needless to say, I have 2 coats. And that's enough to make me a happy shopper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, you big spender! :) show us some modelling pics!

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark. Since the coats were from Maple, they weren't too expensive - thankfully! Let me post some pics of the stuff once I take snaps of them.