Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another Shopping Post

Photoshopping, that is.

It's been a while since I used Adobe Photoshop since the regional office rarely does print work and if we do, we've got the artists to handle all that. Makes me miss those times at Adformatix and DY&R-A when I'd photoshop and lay-out my own print ads, especially for Robinson's! (One of my all-time favourite clients.)

This morning, I opened my Photoshop to quickly whip up some invitation studies for a friend's wedding. Inspired by traveling and their nautical theme, one of the studies was a set of postcards with Nautical visuals. Since the three photos had different colour qualities, I decided to just turn convert them into black and white. This also adds a bit of nostalgia and class. And so it won't be too plain, I added some text on each card - lyrics from one of my favourite songs: "You & I."

After looking at the results, I realized that my photoshop skills are still there - albeit a bit rusty.



This is one in a set of three postcards. Not so bad for half an hour's work.

2 comments:

K.noizki said...

that's quite nice. I have PS too but never really used it, cause I don't know how to use it.

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey K. It's a bit complicated and takes a while to learn. I remember when my artist at the office was trying to teach me the first time, it was confusing. But given time, it's easy to get the hang of it.