Friday, June 03, 2005

Here comes the rain again.

Once upon a time, I worked in an office that was 32 floors off the ground. Having a cubicle by the window offered me a fantastic view of Ortigas all the way down to Eastwood. While many vistas caught my fancy, nothing compared to the high I got whenever i'd see storms pass by. At that height, the sight of nature's fury is breathtaking!

Rainclouds so thick, it blankets the city to a point that you almost see nothing.
Winds so strong, you can feel the glass panels vibrate.
Trees slowly being uprooted, and sometimes hitting helpless cars.
Plastic signages being snapped into pieces. Tarpaulin streamers being ripped into shreds.
Roof materials flying around like magic carpets.

My officemates and I would usually watch in amazement as nature unleashes its fury. Meanwhile, our secretary would be pacing around and screaming "delubyo na! delubyo na!"

I'm now working in a new office with a better view, 34 floors up. Judging by the frequency of what Amado Pineda calls: "Panaka-nakang pag-ulan at bagyo," I'd say the rainy season has arrived.

I can't wait to watch the storms again from my office window. But I'll surely miss our secretary as she shouts: "Delubyo na!"

No comments: