Thursday, June 23, 2005

AIDS

My arms are beginning to feel the pain of AIDS.

As If Doing Something...

This is the affliction that I find myself facing the past few days.

Since my status in the office isn't totally official yet, I'm not doing as much as i'm accustomed to. So day in and day out, I come to the office and surf the net, write on my blog, see who's on-line and try to catch up with them. Then I check my mail, and answer each one of them. And after that, I go back and surf the net... you get the drill.

If this doesn't stop, i feel like I'm going to be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome in a few weeks. Imagine just tapping on the keyboard day in and day out.

This wouldn't be a problem back in Manila. If there was nothing to do, I'd just walk all the way from the office to Glorietta, window shop, buy a couple of stuff, meet up with other agency friends and have coffee. There, free time was actually fun and cool.

But here, it's a totally different story.

First, our office building isn't near any nice mall, heck, there aren't any nice malls here. For a place called a "shopping mecca", Hong Kong doesn't have a Robinsons Galleria, SM Megamall or Ayala Center to speak of. The malls here are boring, and not as vast. And the stuff are either ho-hum or overpriced.

Second, there are no friends to call up and have coffee with. I've yet to connect with the Filipino community here, although Tanya said that they're trying to organize a UP Alumni Association in Hong Kong. Hope that happens soon. I desperately need someone to talk to.

Third, the weather here sucks big time! It's been raining the past few days, so much as i'd like to go around, I can't.

Makes me look forward to coming home on Sunday. But then again, that's just for a few days, then i'll be back here and suffer from the dreaded disease again.

Oh well, there's always this blog to look forward to.

2 comments:

Ver said...

Wow, buti ka pa, petiks. Hehe. Seriously, I know how that feels -- being paid while doing, uhm, your own stuff. :)

Dazed and Confused said...

Well, it's better than just sitting there counting the raindrops as they hit the glass window.

And besides, as Britney said in one of her ditties:

"Why don't you do something." Even if that "something" is "as if doing something." Hehehe