Monday, November 01, 2021

At a Floss for words

Even before the whole "floss-trend" in the Philippines brought about by Bread Talk, I've already been a fan of floss bread.

It all started in HKG. Outside our office in AIA Tower, there was a small bakery where I'd buy breakfast before going to work. My favourite bread was this rectangular bread filled with baked beans and topped with floss. 

I'd have that around 3 times a week, and never got tired of it.

Maybe it's because floss reminds me of my childhood. Back then, floss was better known as "Mahu" and we'd buy it by the gram at this Chinese delicacy stall in Unimart, along with kiamoy, champoy, dikiam and Twin Cow.

Since then, I'd gravitate towards anything with floss - bread, maki, you name it.

And this weekend, there's a new addition to my repertoire: 

I'm excited to see whether this will be an addition to my flossy faves.

No comments: