Monday, August 09, 2021

Mexico on my mind

One of the snacks that I discovered when I stayed in Mexico is this classic and iconic wheat chip that's part of every Mexican's snack time.

Sabritones was introduced to me by my first "foster siblings" in Monterrey. It was one of the first things they offered me when we arrived at their house. We arrived late in the evening, and this was like my "midnight welcome snack" from Jorge and his family. Sabritones and Coca normal - those were the first 2 food items that greeted me in Mexico, and that's why it was so memorable.

Whenever our travels take us to the US, I'd always tell myself that I'd buy Sabritones. I'm sure they have them at Walmart because they carry a lot of Mexican food and snacks. But somehow, it's something that I never got to do.

Today, the thought of this Mexican snack entered my mind again. Hoping that they'd be available at Lander's or S&R, I went online to check it out. Alas, these spicy and sour munchies aren't here in the Philippines just yet.

Where's Walmart when you need it?

No comments: