Friday, September 25, 2020

FMM: Michelle Sells (online!)

Around this time - or even earlier - I would often use the weekend to hie off to Tutuban Center and visit one of my haunts in that area. A haunt that's also a black hole since going inside results in me spending at least an hour just browsing every nook and cranny of the store.

That store is Michelle's Ribbon and Lace Center.

From my memory, it has always been my go-to for ribbons, notions - particularly if I'm buying in bulk. If it's just a few yards, Carolina's is my go-to. Thus, when the Christmas season comes along, I'd be at Michelle's more because my ribbon purchases are usually by rolls of 10, or more.

Michelle's is also a great place to get design implements, like YKK invisible zippers, horse hair, Swarovski Crystals, glass beads and other beads for wedding gowns and other evening wear. Being a distributor, they usually sell it much cheaper compared to places like SM and VC Trading.

My last visit to Michelle's was last February. That was pre-pandemic and people could still freely and confidently go to Divisoria. It seems like yesterday, but it's actually more than 6 months ago! And now that Christmas is just around the corner (hanging out with Jose Mari Chan), the itch to go to Michelle's and get a stockpile of ribbons is so, SO strong!

Just as I was about to wallow in the fact that my desired Christmas ribbons might be out of reach, this epiphany came:



Michelle's Lace and Ribbon Center is online! They can check stocks, take orders, then have those delivered to you at home!

With that, my instincts kicked in and wrote down all the ribbons needed for this year's theme. Then, with a few messages, one of the important Christmas accoutrements was finally delivered to our doorstep.

If you can't go to Michelle's, then Michelle's will come to you!

Woot!

And in honour of this discovery, today's Friday Magic Madness song is from the 60s, and is from the Fab 4.



"Michelle," a song - and a ribbon and lace center - that is like The Beatles.

Fab!

No comments: