Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Back in style!


"Fashion is Back!"

That line was bannered in the September 2020 issue of InStyle. After all, September is the month of the year when fashion magazines bring out their big fashion guns and usher in the new season. Also, because of the pandemic, fashion took a back seat as people focused on more important things, like health and safety. But as the subhead so correctly states: "Let's dream again."

It's a line that's also apt for this blog as we welcome the first day of September.

Since the end of May, I made a conscious effort not to write about anything fashion-related. Even though there was a lot of possible material - most of it coming from the fact that Zalora delivered clothes at home on a regular basis - I inhibited myself from writing about them.

Frankly, it was very difficult. But I stuck to my guns and made it happen.

Each time I'd be tempted to write about the lace dresses that I got for a ridiculously cheap price, or how I visited Plains & Prints Ali Mall after many months, I'd stop myself and write about food, musings or other passions that I have. Again, it was a challenge to myself to see whether I could avoid shopping and fashion related topics for a month.

Or two. Or three. Or four.

And now that it's September, I think this would be the opportune time to start writing about fashion again. In truth, there's a lot of available material on this subject - Zalora and Plains & Prints being the most obvious topics. Yup, there are a plethora of dresses from these 2 brands that are just waiting to see the light.

Maybe not plethora. Avalanche would be a more appropriate word.

With that said, let me echo what InStyle stated:

'Fashion is Back!"

No comments: