Monday, August 12, 2019

Frutos of the Loom

My liking for sampaloc started at a very young age.

Our house in Tomas Morato had a sampaloc tree inside, and we'd often wait for the fruits to grow and fall from the tree.

I remember hanging out at the rooftop of the house, which was accessible through the fire exit in my room, then pick-up all the sampaloc fruits that fell from the tree. Quickly, I'd shake and tap the fruits, and if it had a hollow sound, it meant that it was ripe enough to eat. Then, while indian sitting on the roof, I'd finish my sampaloc haul.

After that, I've taken a liking to sampaloc in all it's incarnations. I've written about some of them here, and now, I'm writing about my latest sampaloc discovery.



Frutos Chewy Sampaloc!

This one tastes so good and so legit, it's hard to believe that it's not fresh sampaloc. It's so good, I'd usually go through half a pack in one sitting!

Thank goodness for new discoveries!

No comments: