Friday, February 15, 2019

FMM: The Cool Edge

As a kid, my teachers were surprised at my musical knowledge. Particularly with old songs and singers.

My response to their query was always the same: it was my Dad's cassette tape collection. At a young age, I became familiar with Richard Clayderman, Ferrante and Teicher, Ray Connif, Shirley Bassey, and the like.

One of the tapes I'd often listen to was one by Rita Coolidge. She was a huge deal in the 70s, and had a string of hits. My Friday Magic Madness song for today is one of those hits:



"We're all alone," is one of her biggest hits, and it's also a song known that was made popular by several artists, including Frankie Valli and Boz Scaggs. Incidentally, Scaggs was the composer and his version is equally popular.

But I still prefer Rita Coolidge's version. That's why I'm going to listen to this on repeat today.

No comments: