Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Rajo's Return

Rajo Laurel is one of Plains & Prints' more prolific collaborators. He's already done 2 previous collections for the brand, and in both cases, my sisters were able to get some pieces from the collaboration.

After the announcement came that he'll be part of the new collaboration for the brand, I was very interested his dresses. So, when the lookbook came, that was the first page I turned to.

Just like the other designers, he was tasked to design 2 dresses. One was a silk dress with a doodle print, while the other was a color blocked dress made of a waffle-textured fabric.

Compared to the other designers' creations, Rajo's looked a bit more subdued. That's why I ended up buying the ones created by Vania Romoff and Randy Ortiz. But when I had the time to really look at both dresses, that's when I began to appreciate them.

Well, the printed silk dress looked very much like the galactic dress from 2011. And since Ate Bullet had that, there was no reason to purchase it.


The second dress, though, had a lot of things going for it.

First, the fabric was beautiful. It had that weight and texture that makes if fall nicely on the body. Second, the cold-shoulder, cape combination was a fresh look at 2 of the more current fashion trends. Third, the play of colors was nice and refreshing.

Taking those into consideration, I decided to add this to my Ate's stash, too.


Four down, any more to go?

No comments: