Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Grab it by the (Mari)horn

In advertising, Thailand is one of the centers of creativity. Year after year, they churn out all these funny, heart warming and mind-bogglingly creative TVCs.

They're also a creative force in fashion. Since I started traveling to BKK, I've noticed so many awesome local designers there. Among my favorites are STRETSIS, and a relatively new brand called Marihorn.

For their S/S 2014 collection, they came up with a signature print which was based on jazz music. It was rendered in grafitti, and the result was pure sartorial genius!


Last weekend, while I was at one of The Haunts, lo and behold, I found this beautiful dress with the Marihorn print!


I love the illustration style on this dress. And the simple silhouette fits it perfectly.


The print in itself is a conversation piece. And I'm sure people will be walking up to Ate to ask about this dress.


This Marihorn dress is a perfect example of how art and fashion do mix.

No comments: