Saturday, September 05, 2015

Zalora Saturdays

The Zalora pop-up store has been in Shangrila Mall for a few months now. Strangely, though, I never felt the need to go inside to check their stuff out.

First of all, the clothes they had on display weren't really interesting enough. Secondly, I read that while you can check out the clothes, you can't buy them on the spot.  You'd still have to go on-line and purchase it on the net, then it'll be delivered to your doorstep. It was a bit too tedious for me.

Last week, though, they had an interesting dress on the window. It was a digitally printed dress with side cut-outs. Very chic. So, I decided to finally go inside the Zalora store and check it out up close, as well as find out how much the dress was.

My impression of Zalora has always been that it's a pricey place to purchase clothes. After all, they're an international brand and they have TV ads on primetime. Methinks that with that kind of investment, they have to mark-up their clothes.

I was pleasantly shocked when I saw the price of the dress. It was very affordable! I mean, it's cheaper than Plains and Prints and other Filipino fast fashion brands. Most of their price points were in the P1,500 below range.

Eventually, I decided to explore the pop-up store and found out that Zalora had a lot of fashionable and affordable dresses. The fabrics and quality were really top notch, and it made me think "why didn't I check this place out before?"

The dress I saw on the window display was as pretty up close, so I decided to buy it. With the help of one of the Zalora girls, I went to the computer terminal and found a few other covetable pieces. After a few minutes - and more discounts - there were 3 dresses on their way to the house.

And now, a few days after, two of the dresses are finally here!


I'm impressed by Zalora's attention to detail. From the personalized bags to the note, it added to the feeling of luxury and style. At least they're true to their brand intent to be an affordable luxury item.

Plus, their dresses are all individually packaged in neat little bags. Cool beans!


Something tells me this won't be the last time I'll be buying something at Zalora.

No comments: