Monday, October 06, 2014

Coming up roses

A nice gift wrapper is one thing that's always on my radar whenever I go to a bookstore. Especially now that Christmas is a few months away, I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for the next possible holiday theme.

This month, National Book Store's gift wrapping section is awash with great looking wrappers. I've picked up some, and used them to wrap birthday gifts. It's almost like a dry run to see whether it's festive enough for the holidays.

The first wrapper I tried out is this black wrapper with oversized rose prints. It reminds me of fabrics used by designers like Oscar dela Renta, Dolce & Gabbana, and Diane Von Furstenberg. 


The bright red of the rose is echoed by the bright red ribbon around the gift. Since the prints were big, I decided to use a bigger ribbon for this idea. The overall look is very festive and fashionable, so this is a contender in this year's holiday theme derby.

On a side note, this particular gift was for Chonabelle's birthday. Because nice things come in threes, the gift I gave her came in threes as well. They're three outfits - one for different occasions - labelled accordingly. Initially, I was supposed to make the labels on my computer, but I missed writing freehand, ergo the script writing on the labels.


Buying, wrapping and giving gifts is one of the coolest things to do.

No comments: