Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Commercial-ized

When youtube was introduced a few years back, I found myself watching less and less television and more and more youtube. One of the reasons was the fact that I could watch it anytime I wanted. Another reason was the fact that youtube didn't have commercials.

Then, a year ago, youtube started showing commercials. The good thing is that it usually came before the actual show, so it was easy to skip.

But recently, I noticed that youtube is starting to put commercials within the actual program! For example, I was watching an episode of Project Runway season 12, and 21 minutes into the show, this ad suddenly interrupted the program and started playing!


Now, one of the major reasons why I watch youtube instead of TV just turned to be a non-reason. Bring the old - and commercial free - youtube back! Please!

No comments: