Monday, September 09, 2013

Material world

Lelis has now gotten used to my sisters' physiques, judging by the perfect fit of the last few dresses she made. With this development, it was time to revisit the fabric archive and having them made into clothes.

While digging through the pile, I found these 3 particular printed pieces that I felt would make great materials for dresses.


First is a silk jersey fabric with cenefa. The print was repeated on two halves of the fabric in a crosswise orientation. When I looked at it again, I thought that it would look so much better if it's sewn with the print in a horizontal orientation. This gives it a digital mirror print effect that would look smashing as a maxi-dress.


Second, I found this silky fabric with a vibrant tropical leaf print that's rendered in royal blue. It somehow reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana's chili prints, mixed with Stella McCartney's fruit motifs. This fabric will look great as a vintage-style dress.


Finally, another silk jersey dress with a sunny color and print. This will look great as a blouse, or a knee length dress.


Now that the fabrics are all here, it's time to send these to the dressmaker and make her use her magic to turn these materials into something magnificent.

No comments: