Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Loud and Claire's


One international accessories brand that slipped quietly into the Philippines is Claire's. Heck, I didn't even know about it until I saw in on the web today.

Claire's is one of my go-to places when I buy pasalubong abroad. I was first introduced to Claire's in the US. They also have it in Japan, having first seen it in Osaka, then later in Tokyo.

It's the type of place of my teenage nieces would go all agog over. They have a vast selection of accessories - from hair accessories to jewelry to bags. Their designs are also very eclectic - from the classics to loud pieces. There's definitely something for everyone at Claire's.

While I'm glad to see this brand in the country, I'm concerned about its longevity. Some of the recently opened accessory stores in the Philippines - including Accessorize and Love Diva - haven't been very successful in marketing an "accessories only" store. In fact, some of their stores have already shut down.

I just hope Claire's doesn't suffer the same fate.

No comments: