Saturday, September 21, 2013

G Whiz!

Saturdays are always fun days for me. This is the day that I get to teach. And despite having to wake up at 5:30am to get to my 7:30am class, I find myself having so much energy to face my 2 classes, and enough energy to consult with my students right after.

Then there are days when classes are extra fun, like today.

Our lesson was about proper interview techniques for Investigative Journalism, and we played "20 questions" as warm-up. Among the 8 pairs that played the game, one pair clearly stood out. Their interaction went something like this:

STUDENT 1: Lalaki ba ito?
STUDENT 2: Oo!
STUDENT 1: May asawa ba ito?
STUDENT 2: Hmmm... Puwede.
STUDENT 1: Bakit puwede? Hindi lang ba mag-isa yung lalaki? Group ba sila?
STUDENT 2: Oo! Oo!
STUDENT 1: Anong first letter ng pangalan ng group? A? C? G?
STUDENT 2: Oo! Oo!
STUDENT 1: G! So, group 'to na ang pangalan nag-sta-start sa letter G! Sikat 'ba itong group na 'to?
STUDENT 2: Oo! Oo!
STUDENT 1: Taga-Pilipinas ba sila?
STUDENT 2: Oo!
STUDENT 1: So, sikat na group ng lalaki na taga-Pilipinas, tapos ang name nila starts with the letter G? Ah! Alam ko na ang answer! Alam ko na!
STUDENT 2: Ano? Dali!
STUDENT 1: GOMBURZA!!!

The word we were trying to make her guess was: Gilas Pilipinas!

No comments: