Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What women want... not...

During my short trip to HKG, I caught something very peculiar. It was a Chinese film with Andy Lau ang Gong Li, and as the film progressed, I noticed that the plot and scenes were very familiar.

Very, very, very familiar.

And it turned out I was watching the Chinese remake of the classic Helen Hunt - Mel Gibson flick, "What Women Want."



I like "What Women Want" because it captures the advertising business quite accurately. Unlike other films which show the ad biz as very flippant and weird, the characters and the advertising agency here was relatable. And that's the reason why I use it as a film reference for my advertising classes.

And after watching the Chinese version, all I can say is it definitely does not live up to the original.

No comments: