Sunday, July 17, 2011

Eat like a local

On our first 2 days in Cebu, we decided to eat like locals and made sure to eat at places that we won't find in Manila. So, even if I'm craving for McDonald's and Jollibee, it had to give way to some undeniably Cebuano eats:

1. Burger Joint



This small stall looks like a popular destination among the locals because it was packed at an odd hour on a Saturday. It's very much like Brother's Burger, albeit a lot cheaper.

2. Sunburst Chicken



This is a "must visit" whenever in Cebu, and I'm not surprised why. The chicken is super crispy outside and really moist and tender inside. Chickenjoy and Chicken McDo pale in comparison. The french fries (which tastes like Kamote, actually) is a nice touch and is a good counterpoint to the flavor.

3. Neo neo grill



It's like Sutukil without going all the way to Mactan Island. It's the first time I tasted Kinilaw na Talong, and it was so, so, SO GOOD!

Three resturants down, and more to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You should've given advance notice that you're visiting! I have been a lurker here in your blog for like 5 years now. I stumbled upon your blog because I was researching jeans then. I'm from Cebu. I hope you had fun here! I could recommend a other (newer) Cebuano restos if you want. :)

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Alex. Yup, we had fun in Cebu. But there were other restaurants we weren't able to try. I'm sure there'll be a next time, so, until then.