Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sabado de Gloria

At some random CD sale in Galleria, I saw a "The best of Gloria Estefan" CD on sale. I was able to resist buying it, but I wasn't able to resist re-playing my favorite Gloria Estefan (pre and post Miami Sound Machine) in my head.

And from playing in my head, I had to listen to them again. And this was a job for youtube.


"Conga" is one of the first and biggest hits of Miami Sound Machine in the Philippines. This had massive airplay during those days. I think I heard this on WLS-FM every hour!


"Dr. Beat" - true to its name - has a very infectious beat. I just noticed she likes the word "beat" a lot and uses it in a lot of her songs.


And of course, "Heaven is what I feel." It's one of her big hits in the 90s and was her foray into the more techno-sounding territory. Similar to Madonna's "Ray of Light" or Cher's "Believe."

I wish she would come back and make more music like this.

No comments: