Monday, June 13, 2011

Miss Manors

I'm really digging the "manor-born lady" dress that I found a few last week. In fact, I was thinking of ways to "manor-ize" the look a bit more. So, I looked at my sisters' wardrobes and found pieces that would amp up the dress.

Since the dress is in a strong robin's egg blue color, adding more color would make it look too messy. So, neutral accessories were key to making the look work.

Just like this:


Nothing says "manor-born" like pearls. And this long string of pearls is a good counterpoint to the boat neckline of the dress.


Then, add a black matte belt to give it some shape.


Finally, the classic d' orsay pumps that I wrote about last week.


The print of the dress is in black, white and gray. So pairing it with something predominantly gray is also a good way to go. Observe:


Ok, this isn't the gray part. It's a black necklace that's almost like a choker. Again, it works well with the neckline.


Shape is now created by a gray belt. The little fringe action on the side makes it feel more informal.


And to ground the look, gray pumps with a wooden heel.


After taking a gander at these looks, I suddenly find myself wanting to organize a tea party.

No comments: