Monday, December 15, 2008

Wrap me in Ribbons

Grace and Lezyl were looking for cheap and one-of-a-kind gifts, and I was looking for Fruit Cocktail for our Christmas salad. And yesterday, our search brought us to

*drum roll please*

Clark!

Yup, Lezyl was telling us about the Duty Free stores there, so we decided to check it out. True enough, there were a lot of goodies there that you can't find in Manila. I got cans and cans (and cans) of Fruit Cocktail and its other incarnations (like Chunky Mixed Fruit and Very Cherry), as well as interesting chocolates that aren't anywhere in Manila. (There was a Cherry Cordial Kisses variant. Yum!)

Most of all, I was able to find this body wash that I've been searching for the past 2 months.



I first tried the Olay with Ribbons in Shanghai last October. I bought two bottles to bring to Manila, but realized that I forgot them in the bathroom of Holiday Inn after arriving at the airport. Tried looking for them in HKG - and even if I searched high and low, it turned out they didn't carry them there.

Went around supermarkets, department stores and other specialty stores here in Manila, but to no avail. Just as I was about to give up, this came along. Good thing they come in huge, huge bottles. One bottle is all I need and its good enough for a few months.

And when it runs out, I know exactly where to get it.

No comments: