Friday, December 26, 2008

Going Banana

It was during one of those "Christmas gift hunts" that I found this awesome piece of clothing in the most unexpected of places. Every bit of this dress spells out "elegant holidays," and since this is the holiday season, and my sister is elegant, I decided to get it for her.

The piece is a metallic shift in heavy silk. The dress is peppered with details that make it wonderful to look at.



First, there's an asymmetrical slit in front, which is high enough to make a statement but low enough to not be skanky.



The bodice has diagonal folds that are "origami-esque." Although I've already had origami overload (largely because ALL of the clothes in the region now have a touch of origami somewhere), I found this interesting and novel.





The back was low, but in an elegant way.



Saw this dress on the Banana Republic website, and it's still part of their current stock. (Along with the other dresses I saw in that hole-in-the-wall shop in Makati.) The great thing about it is the Philippine price is about 80% less of the web price. And that alone is a good reason to go ape over this Banana Republic dress.

No comments: