Monday, December 01, 2008

This year's theme is...

...inspired by my trips to Japan.


I've finished wrapping my first Christmas present and my theme this year is Japanese. This theme came to fruition thanks to Mark who looked for the wrapping paper with Japanese patterns when we were in Japan.

I still remember that in June and July, we went from one supermarket, bookstore and department store to another in search of these. Eventually, we got 5 different designs - all distinctly Nihon.

Using a plain, dark colored paper as base, I turned the paper into an "obi belt" of sorts, and added a cord as accent. It's like a kimono translated into a box. I think it works, and I'm liking the color combination.



There will be 5 "versions" of the wrapper, with the obi belt changing. If I'm able to find the same plain material in aubergine and black, the color of the base will change, too.





One gift down, a lot more to go.

No comments: