Sunday, May 22, 2005

Boy, does she have her acronyms wrong...

On my way home to Manila from HK, I was seated beside these two chipper ladies at the airport. From their conversations, (I don't know whether they were just talking too loud or i'm eavesdropping on them), these are the things I've gathered about them:

1. It's their first time to come home to the Philippines in 3 years.
2. They work as domestic helpers
3. Woman A left her daughter when she was 2 months old. During her first visit, she was already 4, and now she's turning 7. That's one of the reasons why she's visiting Manila, to celebrate her 7th birthday. (How sweet!)
4. Woman B paid HK$300 for excess baggage. (She's going to make SOOOOOOOOOO many people happy with all that pasalubong!)

But the highlight of their conversation was this:

Woman A: Naku, baka huli na naman yang flight ng PAL...
Woman B: Sinabi mo pa. Diba kaya nga tinawag na PAL, Plane Always Delayed...

Then I almost fell from my seat.

No comments: