Saturday, December 16, 2023

Sketchy Stories: I live for Olive, part 2

First, Lyli told me that Ed asked her to be their Ninang on their wedding day. Of course, she happily agreed. Now, she needed a gown for the wedding.

Second, she shared with me the colour motif, which was Olive Green. 

Third, she told me that she didn't want to look like a traditional "Ninang." She didn't want to wear something frilly or complex.

With those 3 things as backdrop, my mind started to conjure up possible designs for Lyli. Then, it occurred to me that there was a bag of Olive Green fabric in "the stash." Thankfully, it wasn't buried deep in "the stash," and was easily accessible.

The fabrics were lace and charmeuse. And with these 2 fabrics in hand, plus Lyli's non-negotiables, this was my sketch.


It's a two-piece ensemble consisting of a lace skirt and a flowy, asymmetric blouse. The back was floor length to create the illusion that she’s wearing a long gown from the back. This was her choice after showing her 3 possible options.

The designs and fabrics were then sent to Ofel, so she could do her magic.

When Lyli went for the fitting, she told me she was happy with the outcome. She even intimated that she was worried how the ensemble would look like, and if it would be faithful to the sketch. But after seeing the final dress, she lived for it!



Another point for olive! Woot!


No comments: