Sunday, December 17, 2023

Merry Christma-llorca

In this fast-changing world, it's always a joy when something familiar and from your childhood doesn't change.

For me, it's Pasteleria Mallorca.

When we were kids and lived in Scout Gandia, we'd walk to Scout Fuentebella where Mallorca was. They were famous for their Spanish-inspired desserts and baked goods like Argellanas and Tocino del Cielo.

Because my grandparents were part-Spanish, they appreciated how the taste of home was just within reach.

Now, Pasteleria Mallorca is still there, still churning out jars upon jars of super yummy cookies and pastries.

It's so good, it's worth sharing. Which is what Mark and I did.

Yup, it was Argellanas for the Belfield Buddies this year. Some of them - like Ia - were familiar with it, and it was something new for some.

But once they taste these Argellanas, I'm sure they'll be just like me and go: "Mmmmm!"

No comments: