Monday, February 20, 2023

Triple Treat

One of the great things about HKG is its size. Because it's a fairly compact island, it's so easy to go from one part to another in less than an hour. One can travel from East to West with such ease, and it's easy to meet a lot of friends even with a limited time frame.

Which is exactly what I did last Saturday. As my first full day in HKG, I made it a point to see my friends who I haven't seen in years - and for one - more than a decade.

First, it was off to Kwun Tong to meet Bebe. She was a former colleague, a brilliant art director, and now pursuing her passion of advocating a healthy lifestyle through Traditional Chinese Herbal Teas.

The last time I saw her was in 2009, so it was great to catch up after more than a decade.

Then, it was off to the opposite side of HKG, in Tung Chung. It was here where I met up with Tanya - one of my great friends in College who also became my first "local" friend when I moved to HKG in 2005. Actually. we saw each other a few months ago here in MNL, but it's different when you see friends in their "home court."

Third, it was time to meet Monna. Another friend I made while living in HKG. She's the cousin of Ovvian, my college friend, and we also became friends after that initial and accidental meeting. Too bad I don't have a photo of our meet-up, but yes it happened.

Three awesome friends in just 1 day. That's really a treat!


No comments: