Monday, February 13, 2023

Petrichor period

This was a word that I learned way back when I was still in elementary school.

It was at the library in Claret School. While reading this science book, one page talked about “Petrixhor.” Because the word sounded so intriguing and complex, it stuck in my mind.

Basically, it’s the scent of rain after it falls on the soil and grass. It’s something I’d smell a lot when we were in Bicol, mainly because Lolo’s House was surrounded by carabao grass. After the rain, that distinct scent would waft in the balcony, and my first thought would be:

“Ahhh... Pertichor.”

It’s been a while since that smell reached the concrete jungle where we live. But that will change after buying this Replica scent in Shangrila Mall recently.


‘When the rain stops” aims to replicate the scent of land after its been drenched in rain. While it seems like an unusual scent to wear, after smelling the sample of this perfume, it brought me back to that period in my childhood in Bicol.

Another scent memory unlocked.

No comments: