Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Printed Matter: Mapping it out

Even as young as 4 or 5 years old, I've always been a cartography nut.

I'd always buy maps at National Bookstore and Alemars Bookstore. While my siblings would have posters of pop stars, I'd have maps as posters. Heck, one thing I saved up for as an elementary school kid was a globe.

That's why it comes as no surprise that whenever a map print comes along, I gravitate towards it. Just like this print.

This map isn't on a poster or a postcard. It's on this dress from Plain & Prints' "Femme Power" collection. It's inspired by Amelia Earhart, thus the airplane, compass along with the map. And they've turned this print into a midi-dress with a puff-sleeved faux jacket.


You can't get lost with a fashionable choice like this.


No comments: