Sunday, January 26, 2020

Rock the Botanical

Wait a minute. I haven’t written about last year’s Christmas wrapper theme.

The first time I saw Botanical Prints in a museum as a kid, i’ve always been enamored by it. There’s something fascinating about the artistry and science behind it. Since then, i’ve been on the lookout for these types of prints. Whether it’s a framed piece in SM Department Store, or a full exhibit at the Museum of Prague.

Imagine my delight when I found this beautiful wrapper at National Bookstore sometime last year.


It’s a black, printed wrapper with a Botanical motif. Immediately, I was sold! And of course, I proceeded to order 100 pieces of the same wrapper. Harhar!

Botanical prints are predominantly green and white, so I also chose ribbons of the same color. The combination was deep green and off-white.


Then, in keeping with the Botanical theme, I decided to include seeds along with the gift. Each brown envelope included a seed of an herb, flower or vegetable. If you don’t recognize what seed this is, it’s Citronella, just badly spelled.


Finally, the tag. Botanical print - check! Botanical script - check! We’re all set.


And here’s the 2019 Christmas wrapper theme - Botanical!


Oh, the wrapper had an opposite side, too.


Of course I had to do versions using that.



This made this year’s Botanical theme twice the fun!

1 comment: