Saturday, January 25, 2020

LFLTAT: Well, well, well, Madewell!

In the U.S., Madewell is known as the younger, hipper sibling of J. Crew. Whereas J. Crew is very classy and classic, Madewell is younger and more trendy.

In the Philippines, not a lot of people know Madewell. Or J. Crew for that matter. But anyone who’s traveled to the U.S. knows how cool and covetable this brand is.

Occasionally, I go to their website and check out items to see what the trends are. One of the items that caught my eye was this chambray skirt with front buttons. And as it turns out, a lot of people eyed it, too, that’s why it’s sold out!



But lo and behold, as I dropped by one of my haunts today, look what I found:



Yes! The same “Palisades” skirt in Manila. And on the cheap, too!

Immediately after getting it, I had to find a top that would be a great match, and I found it at this comfy, cool shop called Lazy Fare. (More on them later.)



Together, it’s an Uber-chic look for less than a thousand!

My day is made!

No comments: