Monday, February 05, 2018

Sketchy Stories: Rolling in the deep neckline

Last November, I wrote about this pretty brocade fabric from Fanbi. It had a bird and feather print, set on a rich, brocade fabric.


The question in my mind was: "What can we do with this pretty fabric?" Since it's already very detailed, the design had to be simple, classic, but still with a touch of fashion.


Out came the sketch materials, and this was my take on what should be done with the fabric.

It's a column gown with a flared skirt and spaghetti straps. It's classy and classic, and won't distract from the beautiful fabric.

But to add a touch of fashion, I made the neckline really, really deep. This also serves another purpose - as a breaker from the rich print. The sliver of skin gives the eye some respite from the brocade.


Showed it to the dressmaker and she automatically got my vision.


The result, this beautiful column gown.


Ate Bullet fell deeply in love with this one. And I can't blame her.

No comments: