Thursday, February 22, 2018

Janney come lately

I've always been a big fan of Allison Janney. From the first movie I saw her in - The Ice Storm - to her broad and beautiful body of work, she always had a way of disappearing into her character and engaging us in every role she brings to life.

Primary Colors, The Object of My Affection, American Beauty, 10 Things I Hate About You, Hairspray, Juno, The Help - I could go on and on. Her body of work shows how versatile she is.

That said, I've always thought that she was an underrated actress, and not recognized enough for her work. But I think that'll change with this year's "I, Tonya."

She already brought home an award for this role at the recent BAFTAs.


And I reckon this is just the first of many, many, many awards that she'll bring home.

No comments: