Saturday, December 09, 2017

Matchy-matchy x Color Story: Marooned!

Some fashion pundits will say that it's not chic to wear the same color from head-to-toe. Some others say that fashion rules were made to be broken. But I say, there are times where you can have a compromise and meet in the middle.

I'm known to suggest some matchy-matchy ensembles to my sisters and friends. Just like this snakeskin ensemble from 2013. This is an example of matching prints.

Sometimes, I also match colors, especially when it's a deep, bold color that really catches the eye.

For instance, this maroon dress with a pleated detail has always caught my eye. It's from Stella, Robinson's Department Store's house brand, which has a lot of beautifully tailored dresses.


A few days after I saw it, this pair of velvet, maroon heels presented itself at SM Department Store. It has the same, rich shade as the dress.


The result, a beautifully matchy-matchy cocktail ensemble! And while the color may be monochromatic, the skin that shows (both arms and legs) break the color and give the eye some breathing space.


It's an ensemble that's a match with Ate Bullet's personality.

No comments: