Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Flights of Fancy

Fact, I've always wanted to do a bird-themed wrapping for Christmas. But I've never found a wrapper that would fit the theme.

Until this year.

The moment I saw this black wrapper with bird prints, I knew it was the one. In fact, right then and there, I bought all their stocks - around 80 pieces or so.


After that, the search for the accoutrements was on. First stop, ribbons. Since the wrapper had touches of black, pink, yellow and green, I opted to choose one from that color family. The contrast between the sweetness of pink and the strength of black was tempting. And I gave in to the temptation.


Since the wrapper had bird prints, the accent had to be in theme. Enter this pink feather that was available en masse at SM. Finally, for the card, I had 4 bird themed borders printed.


With all the materials in place, it was time to wrap the gift.


First, the wrapper:


Then, the ribbon and accents:


And voila!


I love it when the concept in my mind really takes flight.





No comments: