Thursday, June 29, 2017

Color story: Mint to be

(Back when I was a junior copywriter, I loved using puns. My mentor, Sir Conrad, would advise against it and ask me to find other creative avenues. I've learned a lot from him, but I still love using puns. So, sorry Sir Con. Harhar.)

When you say "mint green," it's a color that you won't necessarily think of as an everyday color. In fact, I equate mint green with weddings and baptisms. In fact, I think I've organized several weddings with mint green as their motif.

But as technology progresses, so do coloring techniques in fabric. Now, the mint green clothes I've seen are more powdery, muted and fit for everyday wear.

Perfect case in point, this mint green lace dress that I got at H&M in SG.


Made from guipure lace, it has a mint green tone in a matte hue that makes it more wearable.


And by some twist of fate, while I was in Tokyo this weekend, I found these suede slides, also from H&M. And they were in the exact mint green color as the dress.


What are the chances of these 2 mint green items coming together in Ate's closet in Manila?

Yup, it's a mint that's meant to be.

No comments: